I've been talking about publishing tasty and budget friendly recipes for a while now so I thought it was about time. I've had a bag of red lentils in my cupboard for a while, I bought it from the supermarket on curry mile just after I moved in. I've never been brave enough to take the plunge and actually do something with it until today when I suddenly fancied red lentils so I went to the kitchen and literally got together what was left in the cupboard and fruit/veg basket and created this quick and easy meal. I am definitely going to make this more often, maybe add some more things to it and I also want to experiment a bit more with lentils in general.
1:2 red lentils and vegetable stock
1 clove garlic
100 ml coconut milk
2 tsp madras curry powder
1 tsp turmeric
- chop up the onions, garlic and carrot into little cubes.
- heat some oil in a pan and stir fry the veg for about 5 minutes, then add the spices.
- add the vegetable stock and then stir in the lentils.
- leave to simmer until the lentils are soft (about 15 minutes).
- add the coconut milk and salt to taste.