16 Sept 2013

Guest Post #6: MAX'S 'Favourite Things'

as I am currently in the process of moving, I have found some lovely guest bloggers to take over for me until I'm all settled. today's guest blogger is Max who blogs over at WhyAmINotSkinny, today she's going to share some of her favourite things with you.


Heya,
I am WhyIamNotSkinny, a South African who has been living in Brussels, Belgium for the last 5 years – and someone who believes that everything revolves around food! Living with HIM (my amazing Portuguese fiancĂ©) and Trouble (my crazy black cat)… I am  happiest in the kitchen testing out a recipe, trying out a new restaurant or feeding my friends (all of which involve a glass of wine).
And these are a few items of my favourite things!:


1. 
I was recently given a set of 8 individual Le Creuset mini cocotte’s and am now in love with their fabulous colour array and versatility (I have made individual chicken pot pies as well as chocolate mousse in them) – plus they are oven-proof, dishwasher-proof and probably even alien-proof! So my eyes are now eagerly eyeing out the larger casserole cocotte’s…

2.
I know that summer is almost behind us (or at least in Brussels, the temperatures are starting to drop and the days are not as long as they once were)… but I am now yearning for my own little ice-cream maker… and I have heard some wonderful things about the Magimix Le Glacier Turbine ice-cream maker – apparently being easy to use and easy to clean – sounds *dreamy*

3.
Then of course – and not only because – but since HIM’s and my relationship flourished because of a local Italian restaurant, I have a very soft spot for homemade pasta… it is just something that I have never made myself and I find that the need is growing! Research seems to lean towards Imperia SP150 double cutter pasta machine being the best and most reliable on the market (with a fair amount of folk talking about owning theirs for 10 or more years already!)

4.
A favourite shop of mine in Brussels is Dille & Kamille offering an amazing assortment of house, garden and kitchen basics – all with natural materials, functional designs and an authentic feel! Everything from tea leaves to tagines to pot plants and teapots, they stock it all. It is a pure and utter decadence to wander around the store for and hour or two and I have never managed to walk out empty handed! EVER!

5.
Yuppiechef is a South African based online Kitchen tools shop started in 2006 by 2 good friends in Cape Town. In the meantime – they have acquired a third director and have become SA’s leading e-commerce store with a team over 50! My first experience with ordering with them online was prompt, efficient and super easy. *click click* and you are done. A few days later – you receive your parcel which includes your purchases, hand-wrapped, ribbon-decorated AND a personalized thank you letter for dealing with them. Now THIS is what I call service!

What is on your wish list?

thank you very much for your post Max, I hope you all enjoyed this post, make sure to check out Max's blog over at WhyAmINotSkinny, you can also find her on twitter here.

No comments: