9 Sept 2012

#10 AFTER DARK CAKE





This is a very special cake to me. not only because I love mint and chocolate but mainly because of the way I created this recipe.
one of my friends asked if I could create a recipe for a cake she could make for her grandma. and I felt very honoured that she would ask me so I really wanted to make this special.

I think it actually turned out really nice. there are different ways you can do it. my friend wanted a dark chocolate cake because her grandma only likes chocolate with around 70% but you could most definitely use milk chocolate aswell (I'd use less sugar then though). the way I made the cake it is really chocolaty but still juice and soft. 
I'm really happy with the way it turned out.
I aswell used the mint liqueur in the base which means I mixed it into the dough, but if you just want a slight taste of mint you could always just mix it with the chocolate for the icing.




After Dark Cake
300 g flour
80 g cocoa
150 g sugar
150 g butter
200 g dark chocolate
6 eggs
4 tbsp mint liqueur
1 1/2 packs baking powder

250 g chocolate for icing

beat the eggwhites and set aside.

melt the chocolate for the base over steam
(with some water)

beat together sugar, butter and egg yolks
then add the melted chocolate and the
mint liqueur.
mix together the flour, cocoa and baking powder.
mix the dry ingredients to the others
and make a dough.

carefully fold the beaten eggwhites
into the dough and pour into the greased cake tin.

bake for about 40-50 minutes.

take out the cake and leave it to cool down.
melt the rest of the chocolate with
some mint liqueur or water (use mint tea if you like)
and glaze the cake with it.
you can garnish the cake with some fresh
mint leaves.

but in the fridge for at least an hour
for the chocolate to solidify.





Magdalena.




LIKE me on facebook to be the first to know about recipe updates.




No comments: