5 Sept 2012

#7 BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP CAKE



While watching Lord Of The Rings, me and my friends felt like we needed something sweet. well we wanted something.
and this idea of making a banana cake came to my mind. I really don't know how or why but that just happens sometimes. probably because we had been talking about making something with bananas before. 
so we paused the film and went to buy eggs (I should really make sure I have everything at home, in case I want to bake).

we had bought some chocolate before and my friend had the brilliant idea to put that into the cake aswell to make it a banana chocolate cake. I loved it!

I guess having more people around for more ideas is always a good thing. 


Banana Chocolate Chip Cake
200 g topfen/greek yogurt or 100 g butter
100 g sugar
300 g flour
3 eggs
1 packet baking powder
2 tbsp cocoa
100 g milk chocolate/chocolate chips
2-4 bananas


beat the eggwhites and put aside.
prepare a dough by beating together the topfen/butter
with the sugar and the egg yolks.
mash the bananas with a fork and add to the mixture.

mix together the flour, the baking powder
and the cocoa and carefully mix it into the sugar mixture.

chop the chocolate into tiny pieces and add to
the mixture (or just add chocolate chips)
then carefully fold the eggwhites into the dough.

grease the cake tin with a little bit of butter and
cover it with some sugar until coated.
pour in the mixture and chuck it in the oven!

bake for about 40-50 minutes at around 180°C
until gold.

you can let it cool down or try it warm,
it's brilliant both ways!




Magdalena.


LIKE me on facebook to be the first to know about recipe updates.

No comments: