7 Sept 2012

#8 LEMON CREAM CAKE



the other day, me and my mum were invited to a bbq and since my mum really loves everything lemon-y she asked me if I could make a lemon cake to take to our friends.
I loved the idea and created a lemon cream cake. at first I was just going to make a simple lemon cake with nothing on top or anything. but while it was in the oven I decided to try and make a nice cream to go on top, to make it juicier. I found this easy and fresh cream recipe somewhere, made some changes and it actually worked. 
our friends liked it too so I was really happy. I guess I'll work on it a little more but this recipe should give you a good idea of what I did. 


Lemon Cream Cake
for the base
200 g topfen/greek yogurt or 100 g butter
150 g sugar
300 g flour
3 eggs1 packet baking powder
1-2 tsp vanilla sugar
1-2 lemons (juice and zest)

for the cream1 lemon (zest and juice)
30 ml white wine or fruit juice
3 eggs
3-4 pieces of gelatine

making the base

beat the eggwhites and put aside.
prepare a dough by beating together the topfen/butter
with the sugar, vanilla sugar, lemon zest and the egg yolks.


mix together the flour and the baking powder
and mix it into the sugar mixture along with
the lemon juice.

then carefully fold the eggwhites into the dough.

grease the cake tin with a little bit of butter and
cover it with some sugar until coated.
pour in the mixture and chuck it in the oven!

bake for about 40-50 minutes at around 180°C
until gold.

let it cool down.

making the cream
put the galatine in a bowl with cold water.
put the egg yolks, wine/juice, lemon juice and zest
in a pot and bring to a boil while whisking it.
add the softened gelatine and whisk. let it cool down.

when cooled down but not solid beat the eggwhites
with the sugar and carefully add the lemon-mixture.

now you can put the lemon-cream on top of your
cake and leave in the fridge to set.





Magdalena.



LIKE me on facebook to be the first to know about recipe updates.

No comments: