10 Sept 2012

drinks #1 DOUBLE ICED TEA




Today was another lovely september day here in Austria and since I haven't made any iced tea this whole summer I wanted to make some today.
plus I didn't have to cook today because there's still some of that lovely Chicken Korma left that I made yesterday. so all I'm gonna do in the kitchen other than those iced teas is make some rice and a greek salad. not really worth sharing I thought.

but those lovely and simple summer drinks are!

I love tea anyway. and I love british tea and I love fruit flavoured tea as much as I love earl grey or basically any other tea. just like I love a lot of things british and I really miss them when I'm not there. but tea is something I can take home with me. and I do that everytime I'm in London basically.

I use these lovely fruit flavoured teas you can get at Harrods (they're basically the only thing I can afford there but I love the place!). most of you won't have these teas or the exact flavour I'm using but that doesn't matter because you can just use normal black tea and add fruit juice which is just fine and will probably give it an even fruity-er taste.
but I love my fruit teas!

oh and one more thing. I didn't use a lot of sugar because there's sugar in the juice already. but if you want to add some more go for it. I just like it fresh and not too sweet.




Lemon-Raspberry ICED TEA
1 tsp loose leaf lemon flavour black tea/black tea
(or I suppose one teabag would do)
500 ml hot water
1 tbsp rasperry syrup (more if you're using juice)
1 tsp lemon juice (maybe more if you're using lack tea)
1 tsp sugar

simply prepare the tea as you usually do.
add the sugar while it's still hot,
you can add all the other ingredients when it's
cooled down a bit.

leave to cool down properly and serve with ice.

et voila!


Strawberry-Mint-Peach ICED TEA
1 tsp loose leaf strawberry flavour black tea/black tea
(or I suppose one teabag would do)
500 ml hot water
5 leaves of fresh mint
4 tbsp peach juice
(4 tbsp strawberry juice/1 tsp strawberry syrup
if you're using simple black tea)
1 tsp sugar

prepare the tea as you usually do
but add the mint leaves aswell.
add the sugar while it's still hot,
you can add all the other ingredients when it's
cooled down a bit.

leave to cool down properly and serve with ice.

et voila!





Magdalena.




No comments: