10 May 2013

Blog Ever Day in May: Travel Dreams

if I could go anywhere in the world right now, where would that be?

traveling has always been one of the most important things in my life. not only when it comes to food have I always been someone who likes to discover new things. the different cultures, people and surely cuisines of different countries have always fascinated me for as long as I can remember. when I was in school I used to spend hours and hours in the geography section of the room just staring at maps or playing this wonderful game we had where we had a map which was made out of wood and little pins with the names of cities on so we could find where they belong. I knew every capital city on every continent at that time.

I have my parents to thank for taking me places ever since I was a baby. I used to go to greece with my dad every summer until a few years ago and me and my mum have been on some great journeys together; sweden, from belgium to the netherlands and back home through france, we're a good team that's for sure.
now that I'm 21 I have already travelled a few places by myself and I just love journeys even though they can sometimes be rather exhausting. but I love being on a plane or on the bus or a train. I could surely think of so many places I'd like to see and I love so many places I've already seen and I want to go back to.

at the moment however, I can only think of the one place I want to be if I could be anywhere in the world right now and that's great britain. and that is because I have been there so many times now and so many more times than I thought I would have the chance to but I have been very lucky and I have already seen so many things but I always want to go back. also it is because I have wanted to live there every since I was about 13 years old and I have never ever changed my mind about that. and this september finally I am traveling there but not for a week or two but to stay and that's going to be the most amazing journey of my life. 
this might sound extremely cheesy now and I do know that it's not all wonderful and pretty there but is there anywhere that's like that? but for me it is where I want to be and it is where I would be right now if I could be anywhere in the world.

here's a little selection of pictures I've taken over the last two years and which remind me of the places I love. some of which will seem obvious and some just have a meaning to me personally.



Magdalena.



Oxford

Cardiff

Manchester - Salford Quays

Manchester - Oxford Road Station


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this post is part of the Blog Every Day in May series.



No comments: