9 May 2013

Blog Every Day in May: Favourite Social Media Channel


so here we are and it's already day 9 of the BEDM challenge. can you believe it? I sure can't believe that I've been blogging every day for 9(!) days and I have to say I'm kind of proud. even though I know I'm not the busiest person at the moment and there are many people who are in work full time and still do this every day so (imaginary) hats off to all of you.

talking about social media is probably not the most difficult topic for any blogger but it surely is interesting to find out what people prefer and what the advantages and disadvantages of the different platforms are.
firstly I should say that I do spend quite a bit of time on the internet and social networks but I am not one of those people who has to be part of every single one of them (not that that's a bad thing). I already find it difficult to switch between facebook and twitter and those are pretty much the only ones I use.


my facebook page! (here)

I've been on facebook for a while now (personal me I mean) so it seemed the obvious choice when it came to going social media with my blog. I do like my little space on facebook and I like sharing links and it's like a little tiny community. the main thing I like about my facebook page is that it's a good way for my friends (well those who are interested in my blog) to keep up to date with what I'm cooking and eating and just generally doing blogging wise as most of them are only on facebook and no where else in the social media world.

the one thing I don't love about facebook is that I just don't tend to get as much feedback as I do on twitter. this may be because there are just not that many people liking my page but it's just something I miss on there.

all in all I like facebook for putting stuff out there and my friends knowing what I'm up to but I miss it's actual social communication.


my twitter me! (here)

twitter has always been somewhat like a big mystery to me. I don't want to say that it seemed too complicated for me but it just didn't seem to make a lot of sense. so what I can tell people what I'm up to or thinking in 140 letters but let's be honest who's gonna care? well nosy as I am I chose to still give it a try especially since I was running a blog and all I thought I'd be interesting.

I have to say I've really grown to love it. yes I still find it weird sometimes to tell people 'I'm eating ice cream now' or 'I'm making pasta for dinner' but hey, if people want to read it they should and if not then that's fine with me too. but what I especially love about twitter is how many lovely bloggers and people in general I've met through there. there's a great community of food bloggers and all sorts and it's so amazing to find people who share my interests and interacting and I've actually found friends on there it seems.

I guess twitter has exactly that communicational side that I miss about facebook and I guess that's why I like having them both. I guess I'll manage having two social media channels right? 


obviously there are so many more like instagram which I would love to try (just to post pictures of my meals) but it won't work with my current phone so I'll just have to wait until I get a new one so I can try it out, but it seems like a fun thing.


go check out my little social media collection if you want to and I'm looking forward to reading everyone else's posts from today. are you a facebook or a twitter kind of person? leave me some comments people!


Magdalena.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this post is part of the Blog Every Day in May series.

No comments: